Senior Consultant Data and Analytics
BearingPoint consultants understand that the world of business changes constantly and that the resulting complexities demand intelligent and adaptive solutions. Our clients, whether in commercial or financial industries or in government, experience real results when they work with us.
Are you passionate about the value that data and analytics can bring to the world? Then we invite you to play a vital part in transforming the way business is done by bringing insights from data and analytic solutions to our customers and supporting them in making solid business decisions and developing new data driven strategies and products. Do you want to design and implement innovative analytical business solutions? Then we're looking for you!
Due to the expansion of our Data & Analytics practice located in Amsterdam, we are looking for a quantitative professional who specializes in making use of and advising over (advanced) analytics and machine learning techniques to analyze and solve the business challenges of our customers. Practical experience with a wide variety of analytics techniques is required.
As a Senior Consultant Data & Analytics at BearingPoint, you are responsible for managing analytics projects, designing and developing the best possible approach to solve the customers’ business challenges and supporting the customer in implementing the outcomes of the analysis. During a project, you will make smart use of the available data from the customer and if of value, augment that with additional data, for example from open data sources. This way, you provide our clients with relevant insights, based on which important management decisions can be made.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading analytics projects, delivering quality analytics insights within agreed budget and time frame, managing the expectations of the client and coaching members of the delivery team
- Designing and developing analytics approaches to solve the customers’ business challenge
- Providing guidance and support to the customer in implementing the outcomes of an analysis.
- Actively thinking with clients about business strategies and the next steps
- Signaling the needs of the clients and translating these into projects
- Actively keeping yourself updated about new developments in the field and commit to developing activities for our growing practice within the European BearingPoint network
- Help coach and develop junior colleagues in the D&A team, also outside of the context of a project scriptive models) is required.
- A relevant and completed Master’s Degree (Econometrics, Operational Research, Business Analytics, Quantitative Marketing or other relevant studies)
- A professional with 4-7 years of Analytics experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an analytics/data science consulting role
- Experience in leading and coaching (small) teams of varying analytical level
- Knowledge of and practical experience with analytical and machine learning techniques, ranging from descriptive to prescriptive analytics, this should include but not be limited to, data analysis, data mining, statistical learning and/or mathematical optimization
- The capability to use the knowledge of analytics and machine learning techniques creatively for various commercial applications
- A client-orientated, result-oriented and can-do attitude
- A representative appearance and independent work-attitude
- Excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English (written and spoken)
- A flexible attitude where traveling is no difficulty
- Experience in consumer goods and/or retail is preferred
We also offer:
- An inspiring and dynamic, international work environment
- Working in a multidisciplinary team with talented, professional colleagues
- The opportunity to grow personally and professionally
- A steep learning curve with direct customer contact and the opportunity to have impact on our business
- A healthy work-life balance which includes parental leave days and flexible working hours
- Excellent compensation and benefits packages, such as a permanent contract, lease car, laptop, smartphone, several learning and training opportunities, a collective pension, health scheme and flexible working hours
- BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in four units: Consulting, Solutions, Business Services, and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, advanced analytics and regulatory requirements; Business Services provides managed services beyond SaaS; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.